Thursday, March 26, 2020

A Few Hours

*I worked at my dad's today - a few hours at my work on the computer and also going thru files. My first step has just been to recycle paper. I'm not making any decisions about what to keep, just getting rid of what is obviously irrelevant, the easy stuff.

*The sun was shining brightly and I laid on the floor in its rays after sitting there to eat my lunch. I then slept on the floor for about a half hour.

*I see the evidence of mice has diminished which is a relief. I put out poison first, because that is what my dad had on hand. Then we've added some traps. I definitely believe the instant death is more humane, but it is also a relief not to face it with the poison. I am not proud of this and know the poison can have additional consequences up the food chain.

*My dad has a bunch of "letters" folders and I guess I shouldn't be surprised to see mine was the largest. I only barely looked what was in there, but I found a few things. A couple notes of things I was asking him to consider in his behavior (one was about him yelling at his mother - he was yelling at her because he didn't want her to climb on stools etc in her old age, but I didn't think Grandma was getting the message he was saying these things because he loved her). My evidence/info for trying to advocate for studying abroad in college, how much it would cost etc. And a few notes that had a bunch of thank yous to my dad. This made me the most happy. I'm not sure what percentage of notes in there contain gratitude, but I'm glad to see they exist.

*I have not listened to this yet, but knowing it's Esther Perel I would be surprised if it isn't meaningful.

https://whereshouldwebegin.estherperel.com/episodes/couples-under-lockdown-italy

No comments:

Post a Comment