Friday, April 3, 2020

No Work, Other Work

Well I don't have any work right now so I have time to do things like today:

#1 - Call organizations that my father donated to, like Doctors without Borders or Amnesty International to ask them to remove him from their mailing list.

#2 - Go to the drive-thru at the bank and get a medallion signature for a document.

#3 - Do a yoga class over Zoom with my favorite instructor at the local studio. For the first half of the class I was just thinking about getting the probate filed. I kept thinking I was done with it and then I'd realize something was incorrect and I'd have to scan the documents over again. But after about a half hour of yoga, I finally landed on my mat and ended up in a place of peace.

#4 - Finally did file for probate.

#5 - I mailed what my brother and I wrote for my dad's service to a few friends and family members he was close to that were unable to make the service. I just got a very sweet reply from one who was a long-time neighbor of his which included the following -

"THANK YOU for sending the memorial you & Scott wrote. You are a very talented writer; words being your love language is so evident. There were many things about Dave which resonated with me as I read your message. There were also many aspects of Dave's life of which I was unaware.

His love language was most definitely Acts of Service..."

No comments:

Post a Comment