Monday, June 22, 2020

In The Mail

#1 - I finally put my dad's 2019 taxes in the mail.

#2 - I've felt quite unproductive over at his house recently with the two rooms I haven't touched (his work room and the garage). I walk in, and then I walk out. I don't know what to do with that stuff. I don't know what stuff should be thrown away. I don't know what stuff could be useful and where to take it. Today I did another round upstairs. Nearing the final load of his laundry. We started emptying his closet a little earlier than I wanted to, mostly because I knew what to do with the stuff in there, but then I was sad so I left the last of his clothes. I also emptied two shelving cabinets in the living room that I am really hoping someone will want. My brother has been doing a great job of posting things on CraigsList but so far no one has bit on that, maybe some new photos without our personal items in it will help.

#3 - My partner is talking to a member of his family on the phone in the background. I always appreciate when he reaches out to them as they don't communicate too frequently.

#4 - I think I just signed up to be an election judge for the first time. I say "I think" because it said I needed to sign up for training but then didn't give me any training options so who knows. I originally put my name down for this before the whole CoVid thing blew up, but now it seems especially important since most of the election judges are retirees and may not feel comfortable doing this.

#5 - I have read a woman's blog - first from the border of Belgium/France and now from Italy - for close to ten years now. She took a break from writing for a couple weeks because she was so busy with translation work. But she just posted about how happy she was to be writing again - to the 6 or so people who read it - and how appreciative she was and I feel the same way. I genuinely appreciate her perspective, I always have, but this became especially true with the virus this spring and getting her firsthand perspective of things in Italy.


http://centaurwalking.blogspot.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment