Sunday, June 14, 2020

Willow River State Park

For the past 5 years my niece and I have done an annual camping weekend. This year our reservation was cancelled because of CoVid and the park being closed. That actually turned out well though because now we are camping on weeknights so the campground and park will be much less busy. This, like all plans these days, was one I wasn't sure we'd be able to do and I'm super grateful to be able to continue the tradition and for the gorgeous weather today as we head out in a few hours.

It always takes a lot of time and energy to prepare to camp, but now I think I'm pretty much ready, and it helped that I woke up with the early sun to finish things up.

We started reading a delightful book by E.B. White recently called Stuart Little and I look forward to finishing that with her.

My partner and I had a hard conversation on a tricky topic today, but it didn't lead us into a downward spiral. We were connected enough that even though it isn't resolved we are still connected.



No comments:

Post a Comment