Saturday, June 6, 2020

Turn Back Round

#1 - My brother has been posting some of my dad's furniture on Craigslist. Randomly the son of one of dad's friends wanted some tray tables.

#2 - I'm starting to feel a bit guilty as I'm usually over working on things at my dad's 2-3 days a week, but I haven't been over there since Monday. I was thinking about going over yesterday, however a friend emailed that he wanted to go to the George Floyd memorial and I said I'd go with him. This is a friend that I realized, after Michael pointed out, doesn't usually reach out to me so I was glad to oblige. Also until yesterday I'd only seen one friend since this isolation thing started.

#3 - And today I ended up taking a walk with another friend, maintaining a little more space than in the past. When I got home Michael wanted to exercise. It's so much easier to motivate if someone will move with you. I also really appreciate the Macklemore Pandora station for motivation and energy.

#4 - We did our couples group over Zoom this AM. We joined this group back in Oct and have both really enjoyed it. We'll see what it turns to next. We were supposed to meet once a month Oct-May and then take a summer break and decide if we'd continue. Things kind of fell apart when we couldn't meet anymore, but one of the couples volunteered to lead via Zoom today. I really hope we continue in the Fall as I've found it to be a positive and enriching experience and at least having met each other in person makes it work on Zoom, even though it isn't ideal.

#5 - I pulled into the parking lot of a big store today thinking I'd go in for a few things. As soon as I saw how full the parking lot was, I turned back out again. I'm grateful that I have that choice.

No comments:

Post a Comment