Friday, January 15, 2021

Zoom Party

#1 - I don't make new year's resolutions, however, I did decide I needed some modified/intentional social activity especially in January this year.  I decided to organize an online meet with a couple people each week, accumulating in a more structured/formal bigger online gathering at the end of the month.  When I thought about who to invite to the larger event I knew geography was no limit so I could invite quite a lot of people.  But who would be interested?  The more I thought about it, the more I realized I would never be able to guess who would be interested, so I just needed to extend the invitation and let people decide.  This led to some vulnerable invitations - like my soccer team.  It seems a bit silly that I hesitated to invite them, but we play soccer together, not do personal reflection, so it felt vulnerable.  I thought, "If even one person is interested though it will be worth it."

Despite me telling them they did not need to RSVP.  Today the second person on my team said he'd love to join my "Zoom Party". (I hope he realizes it will not be party like.)

#2 - This has also given me an excuse to reconnect with people.  I just left two vm's with long ago friends to make sure the email invite I sent got to them.  And it made me happy just to hear the voice recording.

#3 - I made a preventative doctor appointment.  I didn't go in for my annual exam last year, both because of Co-Vid and because my doctor, whom I loved, retired.  The replacement doctors at my clinic do not have a holistic focus, so I thought about trying to research moving to another clinic and did some research but eventually gave up on it.  Today I got a reminder that I'm overdue for a visit, so I'll just try one of the doctors at my old clinic and see what I think.

#4- Despite making many phone calls, my father still gets more mail (forwarded to me) than I do.  Today I called the American Heart Association to get him off the list and the woman's southern accent and shpeel were actually soothing to me.

#5 - Call me a research assistant - because my partner has some family members that believe in the election fraud - my partner wanted the details that negated fraud.  He wanted evidence reported, ideally on public radio, and was complaining that they were refuting the election fraud without providing the in depth reporting/reasons.  So I sent him a bunch of links on their reporting the details.


1 comment:

  1. Hi Tammy,
    For some time now, political analysts in Europe have been pointing out that the growing discord and intolerance between Democrats and Republicans in the US, is created, wanted.
    This happens mainly by means of websites with fake news on/about both sides (I remember years ago that several of the anti-Clinton sites with fake news were traced back to people in Russia or Eastern-European countries who were paid to write lies or who just did it for fun). But it happens also on other subjects, like anti-vaccin, immigration and other complot-theories.

    The goal is to set people against each other and against the State in order to destabilize the country (this happens in Europe as well btw), as several internal and external powers (eg Russia, China ...) could benefit from this.

    Is this an accepted theory in the US as well?
    What do you think about it?

    Stephanie

    ReplyDelete