Thursday, January 7, 2021

Shared Politics

 #1 - I asked my partner if he wanted to do gratitudes with me since he is sitting beside me.  The first gratitude he listed was, "running into a hot guy on the ski course" which is the positive spin on him running into me.

#2 - We were skiing at the local golf course, which is less than 2 miles away, and he has never skied there.  Now I hope he will be more likely to consider it.

#3 -Yesterday afternoon and evening I was pretty captivated by the news.  When I turned off the computer I thought, "I want to talk to my father."  This afternoon I joined a monthly writing group on Zoom.  One woman in her first write talked about how she suspected her father might be in support of what happened at the capitol yesterday, but she didn't know because they no longer communicate.  This mention of being the political opposite of her father reminded me of my thought last night and I wrote about one of the easy things with my father - politics.  #4 - I just read that writing to Michael and it felt good to read, good to write, good to read.

#5 - I have a bright orange wool sweater that I've already tried to sew and now has a couple more small holes, so today I used it as a ski sweater for the first time.  Perfect, purpose transfer.  It even has a great/long turtleneck.

1 comment: