Wednesday, December 30, 2020

Wingspan

 


#1 - I gave "Wingspan" a board game where you learn about birds as a Christmas gift, but I didn't have the brain capacity to figure out how to play it over the weekend.  Today I started watching instructional videos on it and I almost have it.  I discovered there is a Youtube channel called BoardGameGeek where they not only explain the game, but you can watch them play the entire board game.  

#2 - One of the comments under that board game video said, "This video helped me learn the game. Reading 12 pages of instructions really makes someone question if it’s worth it. The video made it easier."  

#3 - I would like to be able to play this game with my brother, sister-in-law and niece.  I miss spending time with them, but am very fortunate.  Even though we aren't getting together indoors right now, they live very close to some cross-country skiing, so that is something we can do together this weekend.

#4 - I made some fish tacos for dinner with a grapefruit-jalapeno-avocado salsa.  I don't think I'd choose to put grapefruit in my tacos again, but at least I tried something new.

#5 - I didn't really think about my dad this Christmas as the four of us went to a camper cabin at a state park.  I wasn't sure sharing a one room cabin would be a good idea since the four of us have already spent so much time together these past months, but it actually went really well.  I read out loud to them, which they seemed to be getting too old for, but I found a book they liked which we started listening to on the drive, an adult novel this time  - Handmaid's Tale.  We played games and cross-country skied.  But all 3 nights since we've been back I've dreamt about my dad's home and getting it cleaned out, or selling it, and now it does seem sad to not be able to call him or stop by.  Though with Co-Vid I wouldn't want to stop by anyway and I imagine he would be quite lonely.  Hopefully he is in a better place, I used to believe that to be true, now I don't know.

No comments:

Post a Comment