Monday, December 14, 2020

Think Small

 I will postdate this entry as I forgot it was a online gratitude day yesterday.  It was one of those days that I struggled to get to five gratitudes - not because I had a bad day - just because nothing really stood out.  When that happens I practice my mantra in this situation, "Think Small".

It was really hard for me to wake up in the morning as my alarm went off in the middle of a dream.  In the dream, even though I had passed on the keys, I still had a set and went back to my dad's house.  They hadn't changed the locks so I went in because I knew we left more things over there that still needed to be cleaned out.  I took a skillet from the kitchen and then I went in my brother's room and there were a number of things - a fishing set etc.  I was nervous Habitat for Humanity (who bought the house) was going to arrive while I was over there.  So I was trying to finish taking care of things while watching for them.  Of course they did arrive.  They were not angry at all, but I still felt stressed/deceptive.  Anyway my gratitude in all this is that when I finally woke up, this was just a dream and we DID clean out everything we needed to from that house.

#2 - Michael arrived to our yoga class (which we try to do together at home once a week) at 6AM, and I needed yoga this AM because my neck was cricked.

#3 - Michael liked the kale and apple quesadilla I made for dinner which is a super quick and easy meal that I enjoy as well.

#4 - Laying by the heating vent with my feet is super relaxing and a great bedtime transition and time to reflect and be quiet and think about my dad.

#5 - The trash in the kitchen was smelly, I emptied it and washed out the can as well.  I also put the sink drain/stoppers in the dishwasher.

No comments:

Post a Comment