Tuesday, April 13, 2021

In a Way, Last Night

 #1 - I started a community education online fitness class for a half hour on Tuesdays from 12 - 12:30.  I wouldn't say it was fun, but it's some structured movement in my day, so for that I'm grateful.

#2 - Michael's eldest was able to go to la crosse practice tonight, and at least partially participate, despite her ankle injury from a few weeks back.  After being at home for most of the last year, that injury's timing was a bummer, and we'll see how the healing continues, but at least she is able to bear some weight.  #3 - She usually spends most of her time in the basement, but because of her injury, she's mostly avoided the stairs and hung out more in the living room.  It's been nice to have her in the living room, and I've been working in the basement which is a change of pace.

#4 - Last night Michael and I were talking about checking accounts for his daughters and how hard it was to get one for his eldest, which made me wonder how old I was when I got one.  I wasn't sure but I still have the notebook my dad set up so I went to my file cabinet to get it. 

I'm not sure if I got this notebook when I first opened the checking account, but if so it looks like I was 16.  At that point if I needed money for something, instead of asking my father to write me a check for school lunch, or groceries, or clothes or whatever.  He would deposit $500 in my checking account and then if there was something he would agree to pay for, we'd write it in the notebook, he'd initial approval and then I'd write the check.  I still have a record of all those things and how I learned to record and track to what I was spending money on.

#5 - So it's no surprise that I woke up this morning and then stayed in bed because my dad was in my dream.  I can't recall the dream now, it was neither a "bad" nor "good" one.  I think it did contain some confusion, as my dreams about him often do.  Had he died? And if so why he was alive now?  Those dreams have become much less frequent and I tear up just writing that, I'm glad he visited me, in a way, last night.

No comments:

Post a Comment