Monday, April 5, 2021

Sweetheartland

* I recently decided I should try to be the one cooking dinner on Tuesdays because that is when Womenfolk is on the local volunteer radio station from 4-6pm.  Last week I listened and there happened to be an interview with an acquaintance of mine! Hope Dunbar. Apparently she has a new album, Sweetheartland. She had a Facebook live in relation to its release tonight which Michael and I enjoyed.  I mentioned it to a couple friends who know her and I saw that one of them was watching and enjoying it as well.  She commented that it made her miss living in Nashville.

*I guess tomorrow I will miss the Womenfolk time slot because my sister-in-law is going to give me a haircut. Michael asked if she'd cut his hair too and I said, "Maybe my brother can cut yours at the same time."  (He cuts his own hair.)  My brother did agree to this, however, now Michael says he has too many other things to do.

 *I've been listening to the Chauvin (George Floyd) trial while I work.  I don't think I've ever listened to an actual trial before.  Today they had the Minneapolis police chief on.  I don't know much about him, but I do know that I find his tone and his attitude reassuring.

*Michael got a phonecall today to sign up for a vaccine.  He was skeptical and wondering how he knew it was who they said it was.  So they told him where to find the number on the internet and he called back and he already has an appointment this week!

*Finally, I emailed a friend of mine that I've been trying to contact on occasion the last couple of weeks to go for a walk.  I left a voicemail a couple times and then last few times I've called it has said, "This phone call can't be completed at this time, sorry for the inconvenience."  I was starting to get worried about him so I emailed today and found out he just has a new phone and number.


No comments:

Post a Comment