Saturday, July 10, 2021

Become Part of the Earth

 

 

This photo my cousin took my dad's house (where I grew up) makes me cry.  I know things sometimes look worse before they look better and I know the home is in good hands.  But even now just sharing this imagine on this blog brings tears to my eyes. The house is clearly abandoned, and were it not for the sign in the yard, it would appear uncared for.

 

 Today my brother, thru my cousin, sent a new photo.  With the new windows and door it is starting to look happy again, certainly taken care of.  I will go to the dentist near there at the end of the month and check it out in person, and see what more progress is made.  (There may be raspberries in the backyard at that point, I hope some volunteers will eat them.)

Michael and I had a money talk this AM, going thru how things are allocated/taken care of if one of us dies and if it matches our intentions. Ever since my mom died in 2007, I make sure I put beneficiaries or TOD (transfers on deaths) on everything I can, because the thing I most want is to make things simple.  The last thing we need when we lose a loved one is financial stress and confusion.  Anyway, it is always good to go back and update, because the last time I wrote a summary up was in March of 2020 and at that point I was in the midst of my dad's stuff, so I need to write an updated summary which I've been working on today.

We also made some progress on going thru the pantry in the basement and the tool closet.  Since we rent and hope to own a home at some point, I've asked Michael to work on organizing and getting rid of things we don't need or want.  I don't want to pack and move and then find places for things that we should just get rid of.  So today we made a bit of progress on that.

And finally I was listening to Lewis Howes interview Sadhguru this week, whom I've never heard of.  I just had it in the background not paying too close of attention until minute 50 when he made the exact same point I'd made here in this blog last week!

 "When you bury them, they understand they are part of the earth right?  That also they won't understand, because today they are burying them in a concrete box." Sadhguru

"Creating a boundary around them," Lewis Howes

"Yes, that's the worst thing to do. At least when you die you should become part of the earth." Sadhguru


https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xK67fAV3zLs

 


No comments:

Post a Comment