Sunday, July 18, 2021

Coming Home

My brother and I went to my father's hometown this weekend - both to visit my aunt and to bury my dad's ashes.  When my niece found out we were going to bury grandpa she wanted to come too.

But then there was a birthday party and so she wasn't going to come.

In the end she came and it was such delight to have her.  Her positivity and ready smile thru-out the weekend was a gift in itself.  Today she started to show the first signs of crabbiness on the ride home, but we were all hot and tired so I could easily understand.  We played hang man and word games on the car ride, listened to a couple upper elementary/middle school age audio books (including George about a transgender child) and stopped to briefly play tennis to split up the drive.

This morning my brother finished dealing with a big hornet (or wasp) nest he found in my aunt's garage, only to discover there were multiple more smaller nests.  The garage is so old it really needs to be torn down, so I can hardly blame the hornets or wasps looking for homes there. But for the time being it stands and thankfully my brother handled it and I had nothing to do with it.

My aunt seems to have fully recovered (as far as I can tell) from her bout of Co-Vid. I expected her to be more tired as she was sick for well over a month. I'm happy she had energy and that we could minimize the meals we ate at her house to be easy guests (only 2).

She showed me the folder where she keeps the cemetery deed (which will hopefully be back where she says it will be in her file cabinet).  She doesn't have children so there is much my brother and I may have to take care of for her at some point.  But this is at least one small thing decided, which I didn't know anything about before last month when I asked about my dad's ashes.

Finally, I usually I do the weekly grocery shopping on Sunday, but when I got home Michael had done it as I'd requested this week.


 

 

 

 

 

Haven't listened to Mraz in a while, but this goes along with this blog

https://youtu.be/WMidk5rnQ0w

No comments:

Post a Comment