Monday, July 26, 2021

Bathrooms

 #1-3 - Bathrooms - I cleaned both bathrooms today.  For some reason I pretty much always clean the bathrooms at the end of the week Thursday-Sunday, so getting them cleaned on a Monday is unusual.   I have also almost used up the 13 pound/6 kg of baking soda that was at my dad's house and was yet another thing I didn't know what to do with.  My friend told me she cleans her toilets with 1/2 cup of baking soda and 1/2 cup of vinegar, so I've been doing that all year and it's almost gone.  (Though I plan to buy another bag and continue cleaning that way.) 

We have 2 bathrooms, which I find to be the perfect number.  I have zero interest in having more bathrooms to clean.  And as we consider moving at some point there are a number of homes with 1 bathroom.  I've become aware of how often 1 of us will go upstairs or downstairs because someone else is using the bathroom.  Though I'd certainly consider a 1 bathroom home, I do wonder at how quickly I'd be frustrated with it. I know when I stay with my aunt and take a bath/shower I feel I need to alert everyone and can't linger in case anyone else needs to use it.  Really there are so many great qualities about this place we rent, and that is just one.

#4 - Co-Vid tests - I went for a jog a week and a half ago on a day the air was smoky from wildfires burning in Canada.  The next few days I had a cough.  I think it mostly went away, but today I've been coughing a bit again so I wondered if I should get a Co-Vid test.  Michael said, "Well you ran yesterday," (which I hadn't done), so maybe that explains it, but it wasn't smoky.

Anyway, I signed up for a Co-Vid test first thing tomorrow, even though I'm vaccinated, I will feel better if I get a test. I'm grateful it is easy to get one, it's easy for me to get there, I have time to do it and it won't cost me anything.

#5 - I was debating about taking this workshop on creating a family storybook next month.  It is a few hours each day Monday - Friday, but I'd have to miss Monday so I didn't know if it would work.  Today I found out it is being postponed so that decided it.  Since I kind of earmarked that space in my mind I started thinking of other options.  I had a friend who had a tough divorce a couple years ago and whom I haven't seen since.  I started wondering if sometime that week maybe we could meet for a quick camping trip or something.  So I plan to call or write her that proposal soon.  If the timing works it is meant to be, if it doesn't I'll see if the energy is redirected elsewhere.

No comments:

Post a Comment