Sunday, January 16, 2022

More than a Player Short

 With the unexpected death a little over a week ago of a player on my team (not Co-Vid), and a couple other women out with Co-Vid close contacts, and another woman out from an injury/bruise...I was the only woman on our team today.

So we chose to forfeit (instead of playing 2 players short) and just scrimmage the other team, this meant we were still one player short but could have an extra guy on the field.  And then a couple players from the opposing team joined us.  I thought about telling the league we wouldn't be able to play today, but I'm glad I didn't because the point of this recreational league is just to have fun, which we did.

We also had a man who last played with us in 2017 rejoin the team. He is an incredibly good-natured human being and I was happy to have his presence there again.

Next session I thought we may have to skip because we just don't have enough women players right now.  One woman is able to play (I think) she just said she isn't working now so she would be a sub (and not pay).  I asked the team about including her anyway (letting her play for free) and multiple people enthusiastically said they'd cover her fee.

I'm about to go pick up my niece and nephew for a sleepover.  We plan to take advantage of my neighbor's diligence in clearing a patch of ice on the pond across the street and go ice skating.

I also printed out chords for a couple songs to try to sing together.  The songs my niece suggested (which I had never heard of) were Lilly was a Little Girl and The World's Smallest Violin.

No comments:

Post a Comment