Monday, September 12, 2022

Layers

 #1 - I started out listening to Trevor Hall live at Red Rocks April 28.2022 (Night 1).  I felt enveloped by the whole thing, but especially the last three songs: Lime Tree, Khan and You Can't Rush Your Healing.

#2 - 

My heart here in my hands

My hands here at the table

The table sturdy, the table strong

Reaching, letting go, reaching, letting

Flow, time, rivers, tears,

Listening, listen, listen

I was hiding

I was hiding

I was hiding

From myself

Now I see her

In every room I enter

There is a mirror upon the wall

There is a mirror beside the door

Look at her dance

Look at her smile

Look at her ignore her image

For the most part

Look at her looking

In

Inside

Beside

Abiding space, abiding gifts, abiding being given

A groove to write to, a groove to flow on, to float, to rise, to fall

Down, down, down she goes

Draining

Drowning

Surfacing

Lifting

The lake, the sky, the clouds, the sun

The lake,

The sky,

The clouds

The sun

The quiet

Slowly, slowly, slowly entering

 

 

 

#3 - Last night my friend who I lived with this summer left me a hesitant voicemail, asking for a favor, but it was actually a gift.  Last week her eldest had mountain biking in the evening the same time as she was working, so she dropped him off after school, he did homework for an hour, had dinner with me and then I dropped him off at mountain biking.

This week she did it again.  She said the same thing would be helpful next week.  I look forward to it!


#4 -  As he and I walked into my building today I saw someone unfamiliar upstairs.  There are 4 units down stairs and 4 up.  A few people I run into often, but two of the units upstairs I have never met.  "Hello, do you live here? I just moved in," I called up the stairs.

"No I'm the landlord," he said.  Then I saw he's with a woman I've met upstairs but haven't been able to speak to, when I did, she and her 5 or so year old both gave me blank stares, then "no English."

"Why didn't you speak to them?" a friend asked.

"It wasn't Spanish.  I'd guess Eastern European."  I've wondered how to try and communicate with her.  It must be isolating at minimum.  Could she be from Ukraine?  Maybe she's from Russia?

It is Ukraine.  The landlord said her town was taken over and she still has loved ones there.  I tried to express my willingness to support.  I'm not sure how much he told her.  Then I called the Ukrainian American Community Center.  I tried typing something up using google translate

"Please let me know how I can support you.  Take you to the grocery store?  What would be helpful?"

I emailed the Ukrainian center my message so they could proofread it before I give it to her.  I hope to be sincere in my offerings, and ask life to show me how.

#5 - 

"Everything passing and changing
I can see memories fading
This I have been contemplating

All of these patterns of weather
Nothing is lasting forever
Walking the path of surrender

So I have been patiently seeking
The heart that is openly beating
Where all of those rivers are meeting

I have the faith that I'm guided
All of the omens aligning
Mother Divine in Her timing..."

Khan Lyrics, Trevor Hall

 

No comments:

Post a Comment