Sunday, September 4, 2022

One, Two, Three

I had one, two, three people over here helping at my place today.  The first was a friend who is very handy and who I had a list for.  The majority of the list were simply things I wanted his opinion about, but a few of the things were things I was hoping he could fix.

Then yesterday I found out my dad's cousin was in town visiting my brother so they both came over this AM. The cousin said part of why it's hard to visit is he misses my dad.  This is understandable because he was, for me, my favorite person for my dad to be around.  My dad was an introvert and not social, but whenever he and Lloyd were together my dad had lots to talk about and my dad was always relaxed.

My brother starting worked on adding GFCI outlets per my inspector's recommendation while I was making lunch.  Lloyd kind of looked like he wanted something to work on.  "Do you want to look at something for me?" I asked.  He jumped right up.

Both things I led him to were my father's.

First I took him to the vacuum for which the attachment isn't working correctly.  He spent some time with it and determined he could fix the attachment if he took it home with him.  Great!

Then I sent him to the paper shredder.  That took him a while to take apart and then he found the gear was stripped and it was trash.  Ok, good to now.  

He then said he has a paper shredder he hasn't used for months since he has a wood stove he just uses the paper for kindling.  He lives 5 hours away, so it will be a while before I'd get it, but I have no immediate need so, great again.

Then the kitchen GFCI outlets didn't fit with the backsplash.  At that point my friend Peter had arrived and they needed a tool to cut the backsplash, and Peter had brought a bunch of tools so conveniently he had something that worked.

Then Peter started working on my first priority for him - the bedroom window frame.  It was loose which made it unable for me to fully close or lock my window.  I'm not sure if this is my responsibility or the associations, but anyway hopefully what he did will work until I find out.

So it was another day full of blessings, the only sadness being that whenever something beautiful (like the above) or hard happens, the first thing I want to do is call Michael and tell him about it.  That has been true for 7 years, so of course it will take a while to not feel that impulse.  I tell other people (or write here) and it helps

and 

it is not the same.

No comments:

Post a Comment