Saturday, October 22, 2022

Bike, Trees, Foam, Floor

 A long flat peaceful bike ride, much of which I did once before, back in 2014, the year before I met Michael. 

I thought of that woman on the bike ride, the last time the trees along the path saw her.  I thought about how much she enjoyed that bike ride that day, just like today.

Do you ever do that with trees?  Wonder if they remember you? I have never asked anyone that question.  I think they notice, not what I'm thinking, but how absorbed I am in my thoughts, meaning, do I even see them? 

I think they appreciate being seen.

My destination was a park where I want to camp next year on my annual camping trip with my friend, her kids and my niece and nephew.  Since it is nearby, I was on a reconnaissance mission to pick out campsites and to motivate myself to be active outside today.

When I got home I did a couple simple things I've been meaning to do...

A. Put some foam my brother gave me on the back of my garage door, because the trunk hits it when it opens.

B. Wash my kitchen and dining room floor for the first time.  

Basic cleaning hasn't happened as much as I'd like while still getting myself situated.




No comments:

Post a Comment