Thursday, December 1, 2022

Do Not Stand For Too Long


 #1 - I'm not sure why this song makes me cry...the compassion?

#2 - "Do Not Stand For Too Long Before a Surface that Keeps Your Faults Hidden"- Rumi? 

 I've had this quote lodged in my head since I first heard it 20 years ago.  I thought it might be Rumi but I just tried to do a search and can't seem to find the author.  I was going to write about that in a reflective holiday letter I sent out, however the letter ended up coming out as a poem and that quote never made it in there.

I was thinking of it today as I would have liked to come home to a hug and a snuggle conversation on the couch.  I was quite sad about this earlier in the day.  However, by the time I got home I was feeling pretty content and though I knew I wouldn't be opening the door to a hug, I also know I wouldn't be opening the door to anger or someone in a bad mood.  (That isn't a comment in reference to anyone, rather simply the fact that we all have moods.  If you are living with other people you never know the energy of the house you'll walk into.)

So there is also a bit of peace in the home I walk into.

In that peace all ones faults can be hidden.

Sometimes it's nice to have a break from one's faults :).

#3- I had a job interview today for that job I mentioned debating applying for a while back.

This is why I wanted a hug, before and after, encouragement and comfort.

#4 - It went well, I have positive impressions of the people and think it would be a good fit.

#5 - After I went cross-country skiing for the first time this season.  I did this because

A. We just got our first good snowfall and tomorrow looks like much of it will melt.

B.  I knew after the interview it would be good to ground myself in my body and in some nature. It was sad at first, I miss having a partner who was such a lover of the outdoors in all seasons, even more than I am.  Most of my life I've cross-country skied alone, however this is something he and I regularly did together.

The trees were there as they always are, watching me ignore them, watching me watch the script constantly running in my mind.  Occasionally a moment of space breaking thru, when I'd see them

when I'd see things as they are

and they are alright.

No comments:

Post a Comment