Saturday, February 11, 2023

One Leaves, Another Arrives

My freshman roommate from college and I are still friends. Over the last 25 years I've visited her on occasion.  She has never visited me or initiated a visit, besides possibly her first baby's shower.

Last night she stayed here.  It was quite a surprise as I didn't know she was coming until yesterday morning.  I had invited her because a few local friends (which she knew back in college) were coming over for a (board) game night.  I belatedly decided to invite her too despite it being highly unlikely because

A. She has never followed thru on my invitations to visit me before.

B. She lives a few hours away.

Yesterday AM I awoke to an email she was coming.

This AM we discussed paint colors for my kitchen cabinets, took a walk and went to a yoga class. At some point during or after the yoga class I realized the fog of sadness was no longer behind me, for the moment at least.

My friend left around 1:30pm and now I'm waiting for my cousin to arrive.  My cousin also called yesterday, that she was visiting a friend in town and could hang out with me today.  I don't know if that is for a couple hours, or if she plans to stay the night.

Either way I feel blessed to have space (both physical and time wise) for visitors

and blessed to have loved ones to use it.

1 comment: