Monday, February 27, 2023

The Dakota

 There is a nightclub that I had on a date night list, that date never happened, but I went to the club last month for the first time.  It was/is such a pleasant (and romantic) atmosphere.  I saw that a local musician I'd heard play for free in the parks was playing there soon, so I bought two tickets and figured I could find someone to join me.

I asked two people before I arrived at the perfect guest, a family member of mine who has gone thru a recent break-up.  The perfect date.

The artist was Sarah Morris and there were a few songs I especially enjoyed.  However since I am not very familiar with her music the only one I actually recall is the final one with "Kindness like Confetti..."

 Oh and another song/line I liked was something like, "Some people run at the first sign of trouble and then wonder why they are surrounded by so much rubble."

My family member was the perfect date and it reminds me that thru pain there are gifts too.  We can talk to each other and share our perspectives at our current stage in the journey in a very relevant way. 

We also tried to do a quick ice skate beforehand, but the first rink we went to had broomball games and the second rink was full of uncleared snow.  My family member still pretended to skate and said, "I haven't done any winter activities yet," so she moved as if she could.

 And when I said I was going to bed, she asked if I wanted a back rub.  "I won't refuse that," I responded.  I heard a weird sound and said, "What's that?" Then realized it was Krishna Das.  "I'm figuring you out," she said.  Somehow knowing I'd find that relaxing music.


No comments:

Post a Comment