Wednesday, March 15, 2023

Snow Pants

 I received a completely unexpected package in the mail yesterday from a friend in a different state.  I was so curious.  Inside was a blanket she had made which she said was a hug. Yesterday I didn't really need the hug.  But this evening while listening to the radio in the car I started to cry, and when I got home I really wanted to walk in to a good hug.

That is my #1 miss.

There was no hug, however there was at least a message on my voicemail.  My favorite 13 year old had called me back.  I was playing the game he showed me earlier "Contexto Game" where you have to figure out a word based on the context it is used. I had made it down to #2, but I still could NOT figure out the word (which is #1). I called him back, his voice gets so much older each time I hear him and he distracted me from my longing for a hug.

And though I'm reminded of it now, I just went and got the blanket to wrap around me and it has a nice soft weightyness to it.

Also I finally found a pair of snowpants.  I discovered both my pair were gone when I first looked for them in Dec, and then realized they were some of what was stolen from my storage space before I moved in here.  I looked at a couple stores previously, but was hoping more for an end of season sale/not interested in spending $100+.  Today a different store did have an end of season 50% off, a locally owned store no less, and I think more or less the same basic snowpants I had before and which worked great.

Sometimes I love the quiet energy of living alone.  Sometimes, mostly at dinner time, I want someone to talk to.  So I'm happy to report that, if wintry conditions don't alter plans, I'm having my "new" friend over for dinner tomorrow, and an old friend I haven't seen in over a year over Friday.


No comments:

Post a Comment