Sunday, July 16, 2023

Breathing Easy Again

 #1 - Opening the windows again since the temperaturs has cooled and the air quality alert (smoke from Canadian Wildfires) has passed.  I know we had some issues with wildfire smoke a couple years back, but it wasn't until this summer that I've started looking at air quality station numbers and bookmarked websites with the air quality.

#2 - My niece, nephew and cousin slept over and I knew this might make us late for my 9AM soccer game, so I planned to leave earlier than usual and we arrived earlier than I usually do.  I told my nephew that one of the guys on our team says, "Go, Hug, Win" instead of "Go, Fight, Win," and he was curious/wanted to know who did that.

#3 - The three of them played cards on the sidelines, during half time my niece hid under a towel behind my nephew and he called attention to it to my team.  I can't recall what he said exactly, but someone said he'd turned into a camel and he smiled. He isn't shy like I was as a child.

#4 - I took a brief nap which I needed, at my brother's house after bringing the kids back.  We had camped a couple nights together and had a great time, however, there were (different) loud people at nearby campsites both nights.  The kids slept thru it, I however, did not.

#5 - My cousin has gone thru a similar tough time this past year (a break-up) and one of the silver linings is that it has brought us closer.  When she left she said our family is so lucky to have me, I think the exact same thing about her.




No comments:

Post a Comment