Saturday, July 1, 2023

Mission Accomplished


 

 

These falls have memories.  When I was a kid we'd stop at them between visiting one grandparents to another's.  It was a beautiful spot, that is no longer en route but I was glad to be reminded of it today, and glad it was a place my father used to take me to, though those memories are vague and mostly from photos.



My destination was an unusual state park, a mine, the last 1 of the 66 state parks that I hadn't been to.



Here is a map of where they all are.  My aunt accompanied me on this final visit and took these "mission accomplished" photos. I started this goal 15 or so years ago when I realized I had already visited half of the parks without trying.

Then I spent the next 15 years getting the last 30 or so, which was just 2 or so a year, so no hurry, I've enjoyed the journey!




This is actually a big pit that was mined out of iron ore and now is full of  water.

 And I came home to a phone message that fraud was detected on my debit account and the transaction declined.  I just called and the charge was not mine.  They cancelled my card (which I still have) and I looked online and don't see anything I didn't spend myself.


No comments:

Post a Comment