Tuesday, March 26, 2024

Think Small, Find Gratitudes

 #1 - The immense privilege I have to be able to cancel my driving for the day and enjoy the snowfall without being stressed by it.  After texting with a co-worker who had driven some today, we both came to this conclusion and afterwards I felt peace.

#2 - I am SO glad this unusually dry spring is being abated. I've never heard of fire precaution warnings in the springtime when everything is usually moist, and this snowstorm is helping with that.

#3 - Someone's packages that lives in an adjacent building were dropped off in our building.  I saw this and thought, "I'll bring them over later."  Then I saw someone who doesn't live in our building walking up to the door, so I went out there and she was looking for the packages (but couldn't get in), so I gave them to her.

#4 - As I was thinking of gratitudes, "What else?"  #3 came to mind, which just reminds me how simple it can be to help someone. It didn't take any effort and yet it brightened my day.  It makes me wonder, actually I will ask, "Dear Life, What other simple ways can I brighten my day by assisting someone?"

#5 - I had some fish and asparagus for dinner a little bit ago. I am still hungry.  I will go to my kitchen and find something else to eat.  I have options - grapefruit, yogurt, granola, cookies...

No comments:

Post a Comment