Tuesday, April 2, 2024

Not Sharing

#1 - One of the parents who is very consistent, but usually checks out and takes a break on the couch during our home visits, got down on the floor and played with us today.  This has never happened with me at this house!  It was a win on my part for not intervening when one child (there are 4) was complaining to me that another wasn't sharing.  I had the autistic kid on my lap and he was engaged and that was a win right there so I said, "Ask your mom," and when she persisted in complaining to me, "Ask your mom." And she did and mom joined us on the floor.

#2 - My aunt is visiting and I didn't sleep very well. I know she sometimes does dishes at 3AM when I'm at her place, however I didn't realize getting up at that time was common for her. Apparently she sometimes watches This Old House at that time.  I asked today if she always wakes then and she dismissed it.  That would drive me nuts, but I guess it doesn't bother her and she can usually sleep as late as she wants so it works for her.

#3 - I still got up for my early exercise class that I really want the fitness center to keep.  Previously the earliest class they offered was 8:30AM.  Now they have a once a week 6:30 class and usually I am the only guy there.  I want more people to come so they keep the time slot.  Today a guy named, "Bob" joined me.

#4 - I made a Latin Corn Soup and a vegetable pot pie on Sunday eve.  Both of which were available for easy leftovers for my aunt and I for lunch and dinner today.

#5 - I sat and watched the big snowflakes fall as I ate breakfast today.  Often I work while eating breakfast, but my aunt was still sleeping in the room where I work, so the snowflakes were a nice way to enjoy breakfast instead.

No comments:

Post a Comment