Wednesday, April 10, 2024

Twin Cities: My Life as a Black Cop and a Championship Coach

 #1 - My friend who broke a bone in her foot last summer did a tentative jog/walk with me and her foot did fine!

 #2 - And I got to hear about her recent trip to visit a mutual friend in North Carolina. I think it had been a couple weeks since I'd seen one of my friends, and I was just reminded that I love my alone time and I need that too.

#3 - I started reading Twin Cities: My Life as a Black Cop and a Championship Coach by Charles Adams.  It was brought to my attention by a friend of mine and is one of those books I picked up at the library today and am diving right into.

#4 - Speaking of the library. My cousin is living with me right now and doing real estate photography and it is taking hours for her to upload her photos.  We have looked into internet upgrade options, none of which were panning out. She tried a coffee shop which was about the same. Today, as a last resort, she stopped at the library and it seemed the upload speed there is MUCH higher.

#5 - Finally, trying to arrange plans with my former partner's children can feel defeating.  I know it isn't personal, however the follow thru is difficult.  His youngest did send me her la crosse schedule per my request.  However, she didn't reply to me as to which team she is on: Varsity, JV, B?  So I emailed her mom, who in general is super responsive. So though I hesitated to reach out to her, I wasn't surprised she responded right away and with additional info.

1 comment:

  1. Ahhh young people are the worst! At least when it comes to staying in contact or answering or whatever ...
    I think it's because their life is so full of events, so full of 'future', they are so focussed on themselves and don't even think about others much.
    I'm afraid that's how it goes, we're just bystanders ...

    Also, you stunned me with the garbage... I thought that happened only here, that you were much better behaved + organized than us here. So great of you to clean it up!

    ReplyDelete