Saturday, April 20, 2024

Earth Day

 



There is a line of bushes/trees on the edge of the property where I live.  Trash accumulates there, especially near the dumpsters.  Some of it is from the wind, some from the squirrels who take things out of the dumpster.  It is especially apparent in the spring when the snow melts and before the leaves come in.  It has bugged me for quite a while, so I decided to use Earth Day as motivation to work on it.  I told myself I'd go out and pick up trash for a half hour.  And ideally do the same tomorrow.

I ended up working for 1 1/2 hours and filled up 5 bags of trash plus some recycling.  

It was a very satisfying place to work, not only because I live here, but because an hour and a half was long enough to make a very substantial difference!

I also sent before and after photos to the management company to ask the board what usually happens here.  Is there ever a community clean up?  Do we ever hire people to pick up the trash that accumulates on the edge of the property?







I also feel much better about sending that email because I'm not just complaining.  I took action AND I'm asking what the plan is.

I ended going back inside and grabbing goggles because I was reaching into many bushes and there were a lot of twigs that could poke my eyes.


I also noticed I was kind of waiting for someone to come out to the dumpster and see what I was doing. Make a comment of some sort... No one came nor noticed, so I decided since I didn't post earlier this week.  (I had a visiting family member and didn't take the time to), I'd post today instead.

No comments:

Post a Comment