Saturday, July 2, 2011

Snack

(Did you know that unlike woodland wildflowers that bloom in the Spring, most prairie wildflower bloom in the Summer?)
  • Learning that a friend of mine who goes on an annual retreat (and is the only person I know who consistently makes such a thing a priority in her life), does so because of a visit she made to where I lived ten years ago. She said it was because of that experience that she felt brave/interested enough to try Clare's Well.Link
  • This friend and I went to the beach today and we both (without planning) brought snacks to share. She brought strawberries, cherry tomatoes, goat cheese, and cracker-bread. I brought strawberries and sugar snap peas.
  • Feeling comfortable to stop at a friend's unannounced. She shared a song she was memorizing today for a wedding, I shared a poem I memorized last week.
  • Hanging out with the baby. I didn't spend much time with her at first, but today and an evening earlier this week she literally hung out in a sling I was wearing :)
  • That I follow through on self-imposed deadlines. I had something that needed to be done by the 15th, I sent it in today.

No comments:

Post a Comment