Thursday, August 25, 2011

Dimming of the Day

(I had a visit from Darth Vader last weekend.)

#2811 - Learning that I was correct in my wonderings if I should snip off the tops of the basil plant (where it was starting to seed).

#2812 - Most of the time when I'm biking, I'm biking to "get somewhere." Today while I was doing this I stopped at a parkway just for a moment because it felt peaceful. This pause is I'm guessing why a block or two later the thought popped into my head, "I love riding my bike."

#2813 - I kind of had a weird (unusual) thing happen to me today. I am not going to explain it, but I am grateful that it somehow went around me instead of me getting caught up in it - like water that goes down a side channel instead of through the rapids.

#2814 - I'm reading Black Elk Speaks (as told through John G. Neihardt) and this line stood out to me today.

"Crazy Horse dreamed and went into the world where there is nothing but the spirits of all things. That is the real world that is behind this one, and everything we see here is something like a shadow from that world (85)."

#2815 -"I need you at the dimming of the day" - Dimming of the Day (song) by Alison Krauss & Union Station


No comments:

Post a Comment