Tuesday, January 20, 2015

Go Dakota County!

#1 - My friend and I went ice skating today and she said one of the things she appreciates about me is being willing to do things with people who are beginners.  According to the StrengthsFinders test, developer is my second strength so it gives me energy to encourage/support people to try new things/grow.  I get joy out of it naturally.

#2 - Another friend asked if I wanted to stay at the camper cabins sometime in a new Dakota County park.  I usually would prefer to be in a tent, however these camper cabins look gorgeous!  And there are ski and snowshoeing trails right outside so winter excursions are just as appealing.  Well done Dakota County! 

#3 -  I had my cholesterol checked for the first time.  I got the results which I don't know anything about.  My friend looked at them and said they are "really good".

#4 - The country that most closely rivals the U.S. for incarceration rates is North Korea (though that statistic is hard to ascertain).   

If you point a finger at someone else you have three fingers pointing back, right?  Well, for all the negative talk about that country, maybe this information could be clarifying, motivating, enlightening?

#5 - Also I read/skimmed a horrible NYTimes article today.

U.S. Research Lab Lets Livestock Suffer in Quest for Profit

Animal Welfare at Risk in Experiments for Meat Industry

The reason I came upon this article is that Cory Booker (New Jersey Senator) says he's going to look into it

and I believe him.

No comments:

Post a Comment