Tuesday, May 19, 2015

The Only Lasting Truth is Change

#1 - Reinvigorated breakfast - My typical winter breakfast is steel cut oats with pecans, walnuts, almonds and raisins. Sometimes I add some apple. Usually I stop eating that around this time of year however the last few days have been chilly. I have some extra strawberries as I bought a bunch to make my favorite rhubarb (which is ready in the garden)/strawberry bars. In addition my Dad bought some scrumptious organic blueberries at Costco. So I made my typical steel cut oat breakfast with the addition of the fresh strawberries and blueberries the past couple days and breakfast has simply been delightful.

#2 - When I was in college I would get stressed when something was assigned, the night before it was due I would be asleep. This is reflective of me in general. I was feeling a bit stressed last Friday about getting ready for camping 6 days later. Most likely the day of camping I'll be relaxed.

Instead of my typical camping alone (which I love), I'll be camping with the sweet man (which I also love). But I don't know him well enough to know if he's a prepare early person or scramble at the end one. This morning I read an email that said,

"Bedding and food is packed." Wow. I haven't packed my part of the food yet (though I've started).

#3 - It also said, "I'm bringing extra blankets (2x wool and 2x fleece) in case it gets really cold or if we want to hang out in the hammocks." I was a bit concerned about how cold it's getting at night so that was reassuring and hammocks too! Nice!

#4 - Then he sent today's video on this beautiful Nature 365 website

http://nature365.tv/

#5 - I wrote all those earlier today. Then my Dad got a phone call that his brother had a stroke last night. He's on life support at the moment. Hopefully this process will not get dragged along.

Today I will add a gratitude to my uncle. I pray he will be allowed to let go as soon as possible. I thank him for the side of my personality that he brought out in a way that no one else ever has. The silly stories I made up for him, the teasing. I thank him for being different and for teaching me about differences and to not be afraid. I thank him for his simple joys - puzzles and pictures, crackers, cheese, cookies, packages. I thank him for his life.

1 comment:


  1. Thank you for posting the nature-website, it's wonderful!
    I've already forwarded it to a friend and my post it on my blog too.

    And I'm sorry about your uncle. And allthough it's not a very sensitive thing to say, I also hope it will not interfere with your camping-plans...


    stephanie

    ReplyDelete