Thursday, May 26, 2016

Be a Good Steward

Eating a dinner of egg salad on homemade bread, carrots, berries and a homemade strawberry rhubarb bar (all made by my friend) on a bench next to the rose gardens, while people played lawn games nearby, and I ruminated over the piece I'd just heard on the radio. A woman described being 13 years old when the nuclear bomb was dropped on Hiroshima and her recollections of that day kept me spellbound in my seat long after I turned off the car.

The woman admired Obama for being the first U.S. president to visit Hiroshima since that day, but also condemned his commitment to modernize the U.S. nuclear arsenal which she said would lead to another arms race with Russia and China.

The radio commentator said that Obama had made clear he would not be issuing an apology. I on the other hand think we should apologize for everything - the basic normal insanity of the human race.

***********************************************************************************

Earlier in the day, at a playground with my niece, nephew and friend's child, my nephew and I happened to be dressing in matching color schemes, we made a handsome pair.

My niece jumped right into a game I was playing with my friend's child. I was a troll under the slide that bangs on it when you go down and demands payment. She also made the sweetest funny face when we played the "fun police" where smiles are not allowed, trying to suppress her happiness into a scowl.

*************************************************************************************

Getting up from this, cause something told me to, to catch the brilliant orange of the setting sun.

****************************************************************************************

Jane Kenyon said: “Be a good steward of your gifts. Protect your time. Feed your inner life. Avoid too much noise. Read good books, have good sentences in your ears. Be by yourself as often as you can. Walk. Take the phone off the hook. Work regular hours.”

No comments:

Post a Comment