Wednesday, May 18, 2016

Photos from Buffalo River State Park


#1 - Laughing during Ira Glass's opening song on last week's This American Life

http://www.thisamericanlife.org/radio-archives/episode/259/promised-land




#2 - Having leftovers for quick, easy meals today. I made broccoli cheese soup yesterday for the first time and it was quite yummi.




#3 - The amazing things I get to listen to because I do simple work. Today this included a Soul Series conversation between Oprah and Iyanla Vanzant, This American Life and "The Joy of Being" CD's from the library with Eckhart Tolle.



#4 - I steeped myself in the To Bless the Space Between Us : a Book of Blessings by John O'Donohue last weekend. It must have filled me up because today I wrote my own.






#5 - Trying to get this done so I could turn off the computer, kind of wrestling with it. Then letting go and deciding to eat dinner first. Everything in life can become another task to complete it seems, even being grateful. I actually fell asleep briefly outside in a camping chair after eating dinner. It was the reset I needed to come back to this with anew, to practice being grateful again.

1 comment:

  1. "Everything in life can become another task to complete"
    That is so, so true and it requires awareness not to let that happen.

    On the other hand, a lot of things, even unpleasant, can un-become tasks too, as long as we can have the attitude that we "want" to do them instead of "have" to do them. And when that happens, it's a pretty good feeling.


    Nice pictures, Tammy.
    Have a good day.

    stephanie

    ReplyDelete