Monday, November 20, 2017

This is the Way


#1 - I added some photos of my niece's tool belt to this post and the last one.

#2 - I turned down the heat a little, so that when I came home, I could turn up the heat a little and engage in one of my favorite cold weather simple pleasures - relaxing by the heating vent, not just for the normal short heating cycle, but for an extended one.

#3 - Though when I got home from my community ed exercise class I had no need to turn it up. It was the last night until the class resumes in January and apparently our instructor wanted it to be memorable. We did a "hack" squat with weights and I literally got stuck in the bottom. It was little scary, but I also started laughing because I didn't have the muscle to push myself up again. I'm going to be sore tomorrow.

#4 - I have another couple nights in an Iowa cabin on the calendar. Last year that plan painfully did not turn out as expected, but still ended up being filled with beauty with my sister-in-law and nephew. It's a precarious thing trying again - different park, different cabin, same man.

#5 - The second episode of a damn good podcast came out.

This is the Way: a memoir of poetry and heroin
By Chris Jansen


I already read the manuscript, so I thought I could listen to it while working. I was wrong, too riveting.

It is written from a world both completely alien to me and yet at the same time completely familiar. A world of drugs and pain, searching and loneliness, desperation and compassion.

I tunes

Android


RSS



No comments:

Post a Comment