Monday, January 15, 2018

Ski

I did AM yoga for the third day in a row.  I was at a cross-country ski weekend in Northern MN.  The first couple days I set my alarm to attend, but since I've missed my bedtime five nights in a row I decided not to set it for today.  I still woke up in time to get to yoga and ended up actually leading. The guy who led the first day wasn't an official yoga teacher (like me) , someone mentioned that I did a lot of yoga so he asked if I wanted to lead yesterday for some variety so I did.  Today I was waiting for him to start, eventually he said, "Do you want to lead again?"  I said, "Sure," and like yesterday I felt completely at ease.  Since we were all skiing I didn't concern myself with getting a work-out, instead I just did stretches and slow movements.  I was nourished by it, and I think the small group of others who got up early were as well.

Despite the frigid below zero (Fahrenheit) temperatures today I enjoyed a bit of snowshoeing (and hiking when the snowshoes were unnecessary).  I've been to this place once before but I didn't get to the snowshoe trails.

I didn't get quite enough sleep in the cabin, partly because of getting to bed a little late, partly because the other people sharing the cabin went to bed later, and partly because I kept wondering if I needed to pee.  Knowing I needed to go outside to pee (to a nearby building) made me keep wondering if I should go one more time, and then I didn't want to disturb the couple sleeping closer to the door of the cabin, by going in and out and so that just created a story of worries in my head that wasn't conducive to sleep.  However, that said, I'm going to miss sleeping in that little cabin tonight because it was so cozy!

The weekend went really well and I felt very connected to myself and others.  Maybe because of that, on the ride home, the guy I'm dating felt comfortable enough to share something with me that he felt hesitant about.  As he expected I got upset (which in my case meant I turned silent and withdrawn), and in him reinforced him not wanting to tell me.  It's a vicious cycle that I'm not sure how we reroute it, but we do have a counseling session on Thursday, so I guess that may move to the top of the agenda.

On a side note - but similar topic - I learned that my niece can come with me on a cross-country ski weekend in March.  She made a lot of improvement in her skills and enjoyment last year and I'd love to share that and have that time with her.




No comments:

Post a Comment