Wednesday, January 31, 2018

Snowboard

 Last week I was asked if I wanted to join a snowboard lesson.  "No thanks."  I have never had any interest in trying snowboarding.

The next day I was cross-country skiing and it came back into my mind.  It's true I have zero interest in snowboarding, but I also like to try new things and it would be fun simply to try something new with others who have never done it before, and if I don't try it now, I probably never will.

Ok, it's going to be at a place with a small hill, and it might actually be fun, or most likely will just make me say, "I tried it, never need to do that again."  I should go.  Except I don't want to spend the money...

I decided to spend the money - three days ago.  Then today during lunch I get an "emergency" cleaning phone call.  The studio where I do a work exchange had a roof leak and they did repair and debris etc fell from the ceiling and, "Would it be possible for you to come in this afternoon and clean before the next class comes in.  We'll pay you..."  And she said they'd pay me close to 4x what the snowboarding would cost me, and I have a flexible schedule so was able to go in.

#2 - She had us go on the treadmill during my community ed fitness class tonight, just 4 minutes, but it was nice to get more of a sweat and aerobic in the weight training routine.

#3 - She also had us use the assisted pull up machine which is still super hard, but at least makes pull-ups (somewhat) attainable.  When I walked outside I was so happy  to see fresh snow falling, big fluffy flakes that were completely absent when I walked in the building.  We need some soft fluffiness to cover the icy snow on the ground.

#4 - I have a date with my favorite 8 year old to teach him how to ice skate on Friday.  Unfortunately the place I want to take him - one of the few outdoor options that rent skates - has been closed because of all the melting and thawing.  But thankfully because of the recent cold snap, I saw today that it is reopening.

#5 - Seeing that my 2 1/2 year old nephew clearly now understands the concept of imagination and pretend.  He was "Choom choom" Star Wars - stalking around the corner, then batman, then a monster.

No comments:

Post a Comment