Saturday, April 27, 2019

Food and Kids

#1 - I asked my partner's ten year old to come downstairs with me.  She willingly spent an hour going thru old toys and books and picking out 4 grocery bags worth of stuff she no longer wants. 

#2 - We then let her older sister look thru it to make sure everything was ok to get rid of.  She only took out 5 books.  The rest is now at the thrift store, freeing up a big plastic bin in the basement.

#3 -  At dinnertime I asked for volunteer assistants, the 10 year old wasn't interested but her sister willingly helped which allowed us to add pumpkin scones along with a new pasta recipe.

#4 - The pasta was made with mango, avocado, lime juice, red onion, basil and roasted cashews.  It was quite yummi.

#5 - While meal planning - my niece wanted a jam and bread sandwich for our camping trip next weekend.  I said, "No."  We looked for a better option and she suggested a hard-boiled egg.  I will definitely bring some of those.  I was going to suggest cheese and crackers, but I guess she is picky about crackers.  Then my partner suggested a tortilla and cheese stick.  Perfect!  She loves tortillas and cheese sticks.  That will work.

No comments:

Post a Comment