Thursday, April 11, 2019

Somebody's Back

#1 I almost cancelled our couples counseling session tonight. I love snow, but I do not love traveling on icy/snowy roads. However, last month I rescheduled our appointment because of a snowstorm and Michael really wanted to keep our appointment today. Luckily I listened to him, because it ended up being fine getting there on the bus. The roads were pretty empty from people staying home in the storm.

#2 - I was super grateful I wore a raincoat over my winter coat, because there was some pelting sleet that would have been painful if I did not have a hood to pull up around my face.

#3 - At the end of our session I told our counselor, "We haven't been here for a couple months and we're doing fine!"

"Your energy is different, it's smooth."

"I'm glad you noticed that," Michael said.

"I definitely noticed," she replied.

#4 - Additionally, someone else I care for in my life saw a new counselor for the second time this week. This counselor is trying some new things - including EMDR - and we are both hopeful she has some new skills to offer.

#5 - Since Dec 2010 - I've done a work exchange at my local yoga studio. Almost ten years! Tomorrow I will clean the studio for the last time. I emailed last week to ask if my free yoga would be ending this weekend or if there was a grace period. They said I could come til the end of the month.






P.S. The "Somebody" that is back is winter.

No comments:

Post a Comment