Sunday, September 8, 2019

Champions


#1 - My recreational soccer team won the "championship" for the first time. None of us are sure how that happened as we don't think we won that many games. My favorite part of winning was that somehow this inspired us for the first time to pose for a team photo. I hope to get that photo, because though I hardly know most of them in many ways, I do really appreciate that group of people.

#2 - Last year around this time I got an assignment from my writing and meditation class to do something simple for 30 days in a row. I decided to read a poem to a different person each day. Because of that I started going thru my address book and mostly leaving voicemail poems, occasionally reading to someone who answered. It was definitely a highlight of my year, so I was reminded of it when Sept. rolled around and decided to start a similar thing again. The other day I called someone I skipped last year because I do not have his phone number. I did have a number for his mom in my address book from long ago that I have never used, so this year I decided to try it. His mom answered and was super friendly. And today, much to my amazement, that friend called me back. I hadn't spoken to him for over 10 years and it brought me much energy and delight.

#3 - When Michael got home I just started exclaiming, "Jed called! Jed called!" and told him about our conversation.

#4 - I made a bit more involved dinner - homemade gnocchi and sauce, followed by a very basic apple pie with seconds apples I picked up at the farmer's market.

#5 - I didn't post last week because my day was full with a special gathering. This group of people with whom I spent a year living together as full-time volunteers 20 years ago, all got together for a church service (one of them is a pastor) and a picnic. Sometimes I hear the voices in my head of fear and scarcity.

Other times, I look at photos like this, and remember how much I live in abundance.



No comments:

Post a Comment