Sunday, October 11, 2020

My Plant's New Home

 Because I left the car at my dad's place, I biked to soccer.  It was a gorgeous day for a bike ride and soccer was only 3 miles away so I'm glad I was without a driving option.  

A month or so I started playing soccer again, while it's still outdoors.  It's been tough physically to keep up, and I miss my old team who are on a Covid hiatus, but today the bike ride and the run were a welcome addition to my day.

I rented a Uhaul to move a few larger items from my dad's house.  The check engine light turned on pretty early in our journey.  We called them and they said, "We already know about that."  So I'm glad we didn't have a long drive and made it back to the location alright.

  I didn't really have enough to move to justify the rental myself, but a friend of mine took the dining room table and chairs, the rocking chair and a few other things.  It is so nice to have those things at his place, with the stipulation that if he doesn't want them anymore to ask me before getting rid of them.  It's difficult to get rid of so much of my father at once, so this helps a bit.  We also helped him move a few of his things from the garage to the 2nd floor where he just moved.  It was good to get the exercise and support my friend as he had a heart attack a few years ago.

One of the things we moved here was my giant plant.  I brought it home from school when it was small back in 2nd or 3rd grade.  At first I was really happy to have it here, a big burst of green in our dining room, something I didn't know if would make the journey, especially without renting a truck.  A little later though looking at it made me sad.  That plant has always been in my father's house.  I thought it was too big to ever leave my father's house, but that plant being here means my father's house is no more, or at least soon to be no more my father's house.

P.S. I already posted this, but couldn't believe I forgot such an important gratitude.  At dinner Michael asked his youngest a question, she didn't really answer (which can set him off).  Then he said, "I am noticing myself getting frustrated so let me be clear about my expectations" and then he explained what he needed from her.  Way to go!


No comments:

Post a Comment