Tuesday, October 27, 2020

Slideshow

 Besides having a lot of pictures to organize and go thru - there are a number of carousels of old school slides from my dad's house. My thought/hope was that if we were in good enough position at my dad's before the closing that we could watch them as a family.  However that thought ended quickly when I tried to use the slide projector a few weeks ago and it soon got stuck.  After trying to fix it myself and researching getting it fixed etc. I just moved all the slides and the projector to deal with in the future.  

I did send an email to friends, maybe one of their parents had a projector?  I found two friends with family members who had projectors.  Both family members live a few hours away, so once again, at some point in the future I'll do it...  

Then a 3rd friend wrote, "Did you find a projector?  My dad has one you could maybe borrow."  At first I told her thanks and maybe I'd get back to that at some point.  Then I realized her dad lives locally and the house is almost done...  Long story short, she already dropped off projector and it seems to work!

I am about to go over to my dad's house and hopefully reduce the number of slides to a manageable number for a viewing.  I told all this to my partner in the City of Minneapolis voting.  We are working together for a few works to help tabulate the mail in ballots.  And this stranger, who I just met last week, when I told her about the broken slide projector said, "I have a slide projector you can use."  So now I even have a back up slide projector!  And it makes me so happy to think we could do a meaningful activity at my dad's house as we say good-bye.  

Also we are way ahead in vote tabulation, so the city of Minneapolis at least is on top of things.  We started today an hour later because of this which made it easier to get up and do yoga beforehand.

And I wasn't going to be able to type gratitudes today as there is no longer internet at my dad's.  However, I accidently left the house with our garage door opener.  Michael could still get in the garage using the opener in the car, but I was worried they might be searching for the opener in the house and get frustrated and I was not coming back til tomorrow.  Then I thought, "Maybe there is a reason I need to stop by at home."  I haven't really found that reason, unless you consider it writing this.  So let's say I'm grateful to keep to my gratitude schedule because of the opener.

No comments:

Post a Comment