Saturday, March 20, 2021

Wingspan Again

I am really close to one of my friend's children, and thru-out their lives I've spent time alone with them often.  However because of Co-Vid I haven't seen them for a number of months.  Today it was warm enough that I could venture over to teach them the Wingspan board game outside on their porch (with masks).  

 The game says it is for 10+, so I didn't really expect the 8 year old to be into it for long.  However, they both caught on much faster than I did and the 8 year old even had the brain capacity to read some of the extra bird facts on the cards. Something I found overwhelming until I'd played the game multiple times. He was so enthusiastic about it.  I suppose it helped too that he wasn't trying to overthink any sort of strategy, he was just playing.

After we were done I told them to ask their mom to come down before I left.  I had not seen her in person for a number of months either.  We began talking on the porch, and then it was time for their dinner.  I told her if she wanted to eat on the porch I'd stay to talk more.  I ended up staying a total of 6 hours, ignoring both my hunger and need to pee (though I could have gone inside quickly to do the latter).  Fortunately, I had grabbed my winter coat, because as the temperature cooled I needed it.

When I got home there was a yummi dinner waiting for me as the rest of the household was downstairs watching a movie.  "Oofta," I soon heard in the kitchen, "the stairs are hard."  Michael's eldest was learning to navigate with her crutches, her attitude is impressive.

No comments:

Post a Comment