Tuesday, June 8, 2021

Gates Opening

 #1 - During this ongoing heat wave - that continues into the night - I have a gratitude that we have air conditioning and that it works and that we have the money to pay for it.  I don't think in my ten years of gratitude I've written that (each gratitude strives to be unique) but to ensure this I will add we have water for the few plants I put in the garden and to take cold showers and we have a reliable supply of electricity.

#2 - I planned a meal with a bunch or fresh (or lightly steamed) vegetables for Michael after his camping trip in the Boundary Waters.  And we also have some strawberry/rhubarb (from the garden) bars for his BD dessert that his youngest daughter helped me make.

#3 - During lunch today Michael went upstairs frustrated with me, but then came back down and I was able to listen to and understand his point of view.

#4 - We didn't have time for me to share my perspective and I don't think I could if I tried.  I process internally (versus verbally) and I need some time to write tonight to help me with that, which I should be able to do.  I can just feel the thoughts and the feelings in me like at a dam and when I put the pen to paper I expect it to be as if one of the gates are opened and things start pouring out, some of which I expect and some of which I imagine will be a surprise to me.

#5 - I wrote a while back about wanting to make dinner more often between 4-6 on Tuesdays so I can listen live to Womenfolk Radio on KFAI.  That hasn't worked the past few weeks but I did today, oh and the last member of our household got her 2nd vaccine today while I was cooking.

No comments:

Post a Comment