Sunday, November 21, 2021

A Christmas Carol?

 #1 - My niece asked my brother about going to see A Christmas Carol (and out to eat before) at the Guthrie theater like we used to do with grandpa.  I started to cry when I read the message and was glad she wanted to continue a tradition of my dad's, even if I have no particular desire to see that play again.

She's not quite fully vaccinated though and many of the less expensive performances only have individual seating remaining.  So we might have to put it off, this really bummed me at first, but the Co-Vid numbers are quite high in Minnesota right now so it might be for the best to wait.  And since it's not something I really want to do every year, it will be ok to wait and at least still do it at some point.

#2 - I walked in the bathroom this AM and Michael said with a scowl, "I'm feeling frustrated," and I thought, "Oh god..." But then he told me what had frustrated him (how I'd haphazardly put the fans in the attic) and said, "Would you be willing to..."  He asked so kindly I immediately responded,

"Yes."

#3 - And he was happy to get an instant yes.

I was about to leave for a walk with a friend but I thought about it when I got groceries, how I wanted to take care of it as soon as I got home.  

And I did.

#4 - I skipped soccer again today because something is up with my knee, so I was grateful my friend was available to walk and get me outside.  There is/was a strong wind so it seemed unappealing, but having someone to walk with is motivating.

#5 - The fridge already seemed pretty full with a turkey thawing before I went grocery shopping, so I'm grateful the food actually fit (and that I am blessed enough to have this problem).

No comments:

Post a Comment