Sunday, March 6, 2022

My Day Got Away With Me

 Yesterday was my scheduled post date, however, my day suddenly turned sour in the evening and I had no initiative to get on the computer and write gratitudes.  I did muster a handful in my journal, but for my post this week instead I'll share a poem that came thru me on Wed.


My Day Got Away With Me

 

But I read one poem

and now I sit on the couch with my journal

sun setting in the sky

rising in Ukraine? Or not yet, still the middle

of the night, of the darkness, of the terror unceasing

that has just barely begun

 

I began this because I dropped Keira off at school

then was to ski in MPLS, but the melting

led to Bloomington where the snow is made

and my friend stands in her kitchen washing breakfast dishes as

I pop by

 

How much is this conversation worth to me?

How many hours of pay am I willing to sacrifice? For

a simple low paying job – that allows the flexibility

of a ski on a Wed morning

and a talk with a friend

 

Another friend’s fiancée ordered a wedding dress online

The dressmaker emailed last week it was ready

A few days later, “I would have mailed your dress today, but

our country was invaded.”

 

What invades our heart to make us act in such a manner?

What has invaded the consciousness of the world

for the majority of us to see this as insanity.

 

What can we give to Putin – or to the consciousness of Putin –

that would be enough for him to let go?

 

And myself too – all I hold onto so tight.

Fear of getting priced out of the housing market

when I have such a beautiful place to live

and to sit on the couch

and see the sun setting

in the sky

 

Tammy

No comments:

Post a Comment