Sunday, March 13, 2022

20% Over? Not Enough

#1 - We just found out today that a home that we thought we had a really good chance on (we offered 20% over list price) we did not get.  They had at least 24 offers and someone else offered more money, without an inspection and with an unlimited bridge.

I laid on the kitchen floor and cried and then I think briefly fell asleep.  That was very helpful. I thought the house was a really great fit for us, and doable since the list price was 20% lower than our comfortable limit, but alas it is not to be.  

I'm really surprised how quickly I've let it go, a quick nap can certainly help.

#2 - I'm also grateful that Michael was so invested in the house, he was making a number of concessions to make that offer.  It was good to be on the same page, even though it isn't a page we will be turning.

#3 - It was really great to make an offer on a house that I felt good about overall - the location, the size, the character, the price, it's good to know what that feels like.

#4 - It was good that unlike last weekend when we made a home offer in the midst of a fight, this offer was made with possibility and promise.

#5 - I'm grateful to have friends that I shared this with this weekend, to have seen a few in person and talked to a couple others.  Life is full of disappointment at times, and it helps to share it.

No comments:

Post a Comment