Thursday, April 14, 2022

Shifting Conditions

#1- I was awake a bit before 4AM and I heard a few gunshots which I called in to the police.  When I laid back down I felt how lucky I was to still feel safe and warm. I listened to the quiet that followed as the furnace cycled on and we have the fuel and the money to run it.

#2 - There is a cold blustery wind out today. I can hear it blowing powerfully, and once again, it makes me feel grateful to have a warm space inside.  I also enjoyed watching the snowflakes and leaves blow around for the same reason, intermingled with a bit of sun.  It has been shifting all day - from one moment to the next, blowing snow, breaks of sun, it keeps you guessing.  And also is maybe like I feel inside.

#3 - I was kind of looking forward to braving the weather to watch a first la crosse game of the season tonight, knowing I had a warm home to return to, but it was cancelled because of the wind advisory, so I guess I can do that tomorrow if I'd like.

#4 - I know one of my areas of growth is defensiveness, and I don't feel defensive about being sent articles to improve in that area. :)

#5 - Being able to type this while someone else is preparing dinner - tonight lasagna. 

1 comment:

  1. You are alsof lucky because you live in a good place. Here not many people would dare to call the police for fear of repercussions later on...

    ReplyDelete