Saturday, April 30, 2022

April Showers

 #1 -  I ran out of time to finish making a squash and potato enchilada dish for dinner yesterday before I needed to leave.  So I finished it this AM which made for a much more fulfilling lunch than I usually have on the weekend.

#2- I've been doing a new student special at the hot yoga studio near me the last couple weeks.  I had it in the back of my mind to try sometime in Nov/Dec when I need that type of thing, but with the pandemic etc it never happened, but I ended up using it right when I needed it most and today was my last day.

#3 - Today was a longer class 75 minutes and I felt strong, they do a lot of chaturangas and I didn't modify that many this AM.

#4 -Apparently the woman leading today is the owner of the studio.  I wasn't really resonating with her vibe before and at the beginning of class.  

She started talking about the 4 minute mile and how it was a limit to runners for a long time, but then someone broke thru it and suddenly all these other people did too.  So she asked us in class to try something we might think we can't do (and that could be to rest in child's pose if we think, "I can't rest").  She continued with this theme of limiting playfullness in herself with a job and husband and child, but then realizing she could still play in crow's pose... And then later talked about having an ex-husband and leaving that job, and people telling her studio fitness was over with the pandemic (they've been open 5 years so were still fairly new in 2020) and that studio owners who believed that are now closed.

Anyway, I started appreciating her perspective.

#5 - I've said it before, but I'll say it again, I love that it's been a cold and rainy April.  Today another rainy day, we could hear it fall from within the studio.  It is a weather forecast designed specifically for me this year and I appreciate it.

No comments:

Post a Comment