Thursday, June 9, 2022

The Dow is Down

 #1 - I told my therapist on Monday a challenging thing for me is personality-wise, is I keep people in my life.  I tend to keep friend groups together and foster long-term connections.  It isn't my nature to let people that are important to me go.  The example I gave was my best friend in elementary school who has lived in multiple states, has a very different personality and life path than I, but I still see her on occasion.  She just emailed me this AM that she will be in town this weekend so I will probably see her on Sunday.

#2 - For the last 7 years I've gone camping with my niece, a friend and her two kids once a year. Last year my niece requested that we camp for more than 2 nights in the future. It will still only be 2 nights, but it might feel longer because last year we left after school and had a longer drive.  By the time we set up our tent we went straight to bed.  This year they don't have school tomorrow, so we should be at the campground early afternoon.  

Since we are leaving earlier tomorrow I set aside much of today for prep.  However, much of my day got side tracked when I went to look at one condo this AM and decided to make an offer.  It is my 6th offer so I'm pretty flippant about it at this point.  Especially because the last place I made an offer on I loved.  So anything else I'll probably shrug my shoulders at.  It's a good option though, so I got in the offer today and then plan to forget about it over the weekend. 

#3 - I probably didn't offer enough, but I'm not in the mood to stretch too much today and am a bit drained by the whole process.  I keep saying I should take a break but then I keep going.  It's ok though, just knowing I can take a break if I need to takes the pressure off.  I have a place to live right now, and that is enough.

#4 - It's the last day of school for my friend's kids today and it's fun to feel their energy when they got home - a bit happy and free.

#5 - "The Dow is down," friend's kid.

"What does that mean?" friend's kid's friend.

"I don't know, the market?  It says right here." friend's kid

No comments:

Post a Comment